The United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC) is a heritage society based in Richmond, Virginia, that honors the memory and service of Confederate servicemen and women. Founded in 1894 as the National Association of the Daughters of the Confederacy, the organization was renamed the United Daughters of the Confederacy the following year. Membership is open to any lineal or collateral female descendant (age 16 and older) of the men and women who served honorably in the Army, Navy, or civil service of the CSA, or who gave material aid to its cause.
The General Nathan Bedford Forrest Chapter was founded by the late Tommie (Mrs. S. Grantland) Reynolds and chartered by the UDC on August 30, 1996. Additional charter members included Ola Elizabeth Gee Boone, Sandra Diane Reynolds Brown, Vicki Sue Boone Copeland, Patricia Carolyn East Denney, Gloria Ann Gillespie, Frances Schnuck Hardman, Sherry Lynn Loy Endicott, and Renee Lyneh Peacock.
The Chapter motto is Faithful To The Confederacy. Chapter colors are red and gray.
Meetings are held from September to May on the third Saturday of each month at 1 p.m. at the Hamilton East Public Library in Noblesville, Indiana, just northeast of Indianapolis. Current members reside throughout the state of Indiana and have Confederate ancestors who served from ten different states.
The Chapter Registrar
The name ‘United Daughters of the Confederacy’ is a registered trademark of the General Organization and may not be used outside the Organization without the express written consent of the United Daughters of the Confederacy®. The official UDC insignia is a registered trademark of the General Organization and may not be used without the express written consent of the President General.
The presence of links to outside web sites does not imply endorsement, approval, or concurrence by the United Daughters of the Confederacy® on any level.
For technical questions about this web site, contact Mary D. Kraeszig, Webmaster.
Last updated 7/19/2010